1. Name and contact details for the persons responsible for processing and the Company Data Protection Officer
Piller Blowers & Compressors GmbH
Nienhagener Straße 6, 37186 Moringen, Germany
Data Protection Officer:
Mr. Lothar Frank
Lange Strasse 4, 37186 Moringen, Germany (business address)
These data protection instructions apply to data processing by Piller Blowers & Compressors GmbH; Managing Director responsible: Dipl.-Oec. Nils Englund.
2. Collection and storage of personal data and type and purpose of their usage
a) On visiting the website
On visiting our website www.piller.de, the browser you use on your end device automatically sends information to our website's server. This information is stored temporarily in what is known as a log file. The following information is collected and saved until automated erasure without any action on your part:
- IP address of the computer requesting connection
- Date and time of access
- Name and URL of the accessed file
- Website which gains access (referrer URL)
- Browser used and, if necessary, your computer's operating system and your access provider's name.
We process the aforementioned data for the following purposes:
- Guarantee that a smooth connection is established to the website
- Guarantee of convenient usage of our website
- Evaluation of system security and stability
- Other administrative purposes.
The legal basis for this data processing is Art. 6 (1) Sentence 1 lit. a GDPR. Our legitimate interest is based on the purposes for data collection listed above. We will not use collected data to identify you as a person under any circumstances.
b) Use of our contact form, e-mail or standard general message service
If you have any questions of any type, we provide you the option of contacting us by email, standard general messaging services or the contact form provided on the website. When contacting us, you must provide us with a valid e-mail address as a minimum no matter which option you use, so that we know who is making the inquiry and so that we are able to provide an answer. You may provide us with information on a voluntary basis.
Data provided for the purpose of contact with us are processed as per Art. 6 (1) Sentence 1 lit. a GDPR, based on your consent, which you have granted on a voluntary basis. This also particularly applies to contact through standard general messaging services.
The personal data that we collect for the purpose of making contact are either automatically erased once your inquiry has been dealt with or they are saved to our in-company software for a continued business relationship. The employees at our branches also have access to this software.
3. Forwarding of data
Your personal data are not forwarded to third parties.
The cookie stores information which is generated in relation to the specific end device used. However, this does not mean that we obtain direct knowledge of your identity.
Firstly, cookies are used to make our website more pleasant for your use. For example, we use what are known as session cookies to detect whether you have already visited individual pages on our website.
We also use temporary cookies to optimize user-friendliness. These cookies are stored on your end device for a specific limited time period. If you revisit our website to use our services, cookies automatically detect that you have already visited the site and know what inputs and settings you have made, so that you do not need to enter them again.
The data processed by cookies are required for the aforementioned purposes to our legitimate interests and those of third parties as per Art. 6 (1) Sentence 1 lit. f GDPR.
Most browsers accept cookies automatically. However, you can configure your browser in such a way that no cookies are saved onto your computer or a message will always appear before a new cookie is added. However, if you completely disable cookies, it may mean that you are not able to use all functions on our website.
5. Analysis tools
The following tracking measures that we use are implemented based on Art. 6 (1) Sentence 1 lit. f GDPR. We wish to use these tracking measures to design our website based on need and optimize it on a continuous basis. We also use the tracking measures to collect statistical data on the use of our website and analyze usage with the aim of optimizing our website for you. These interests are regarded as legitimate under the aforementioned regulation.
You will find the respective purposes of data processing and data categories in the tracking tools concerned.
1. Google Analytics
We use Google Analytics, a web analysis service provided by Google Inc. (1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA; hereinafter: "Google"), to design our website based on need and optimize it on a continuous basis. Pseudonymized usage profiles are created and cookies used (see Clause 4) in this connection. Information that the cookie generates about your use of this website, such as
- Browser type/version
- Operating system used
- Referrer URL (the previous page visited)
- Host name of the computer accessing the site (IP address)
- Time of the server request
is transmitted to a Google server in the USA, where it is saved. The information is used to evaluate website usage, compile reports on website activity and provide other services related to use of the website and the Internet for the purposes of market research and a needs-based design of these website pages. This information may be transferred to third parties if this is required by law or if third parties process this data on behalf of Google. Your IP address will not be linked to other Google data at any time in this case. IP addresses are anonymized, so they cannot be correlated (IP masking).
You can also prevent the installation of cookies by selecting a corresponding setting in your browser software; however, we inform you that you may not be able to use all of this website's functions to their full extent in such a case.
You can also prevent data generated by the cookie and related to usage of this website, including your IP address, from being compiled and processed by Google by downloading and installing the browser add-on. As an alternative to the browser add-on, you can also prevent Google Analytics from collecting data by clicking on this link. An opt-out cookie will be set on your computer, which will prevent future collection of your data when visiting this website. This opt-out cookie is only valid in this browser and only for our website and is stored on your device. If you delete cookies in this browser, you will need to re-set the opt-out cookie.
You will find information on data protection in relation to Google Analytics at Google Analytics Support.
2. Google Adwords Conversion Tracking
We also use Google Conversion Tracking to collect statistical data on the use of our website and analyze usage with the aim of optimizing our website for you. Google Adwords places a cookie (see Clause 4) on your computer for this purpose if you accessed our website by clicking on a Google ad.
These cookies are only valid for 30 days and are not used to identify users as a person. If a user visits specific pages on an Adwords customer website and the cookie is still valid, both the customer and Google can see that the user has clicked on the ad and has been directed to this page.
Each AdWords customer receives a different cookie, so cookies cannot be tracked through AdWords customers' websites. Information obtained using conversion cookies is used to compile conversion statistics for AdWords customers who have opted for conversion tracking. Adwords customers can identify the total number of users who have clicked on their ad and have been directed to a page with a conversion tracking tag. However, they do not receive any information that allows them to identify the user as a person.
If you do not wish to form part of the tracking process, you can also decline to accept the cookie required for Adwords by making a browser setting which disables the automatic storing of cookies in general. You can disable conversion tracking cookies by making settings in your browser which block cookies from the "www.googleadservices.com" domain. You will find Google's data protection guidance on conversion tracking here.
6. Rights of data subjects
You are entitled to:
- Require us to provide information about your personal data that we have processed as per Art. 15 GDPR. In particular, you may request information about the purposes of processing, the categories of personal data concerned, the categories of recipient to whom the personal data have been or will be disclosed and the envisaged period for which the personal data will be stored. You are also entitled to information on the existence of a right to request rectification or erasure of personal data, restriction to processing of personal data or to object to such processing, the right to lodge a complaint, the origin of your data if we did not collect them and the existence of automated decision-making, including profiling and, where applicable, meaningful information on specific details;
- Require us to rectify inaccurate personal data concerning you that we have stored or complete any such personal data which is incomplete as per Art. 16 GDPR without delay;
- Require us to erase any personal data concerning you that we have stored as per Art. 17 GDPR, unless processing is required to exercise the right of freedom of expression and information, to comply with a legal obligation which requires processing in the public interest, or to establish, exercise or defend legal claims;
- Require us to restrict processing of your personal data as per Art. 18 GDPR if you contest the accuracy of the personal data; or if the processing is unlawful but you oppose the erasure of personal data and we no longer need the data but you need them to establish, exercise or defend legal claims; or if you object against their processing as per Art. 21 GDPR;
- Require us to supply your personal data which you have provided to us in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format or to transmit such data to another controller as per Art. 20 GDPR;
- Withdraw your consent that you granted to us at any time as per Art. 7 (3) GDPR. This means we are no longer able to continue processing the data that this consent covers in the future
- Lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority as per Art. 77 GDPR. As a general rule, you may contact the supervisory authority in your habitual place of residence or workplace or our law office.
7. Right to object
If your personal data have been processed based on legitimate interests as per Art. 6 (1) Sentence 1 lit. f GDPR, you are entitled to object to the processing of your personal data as per Art. 21 GDPR if there are reasons for this based on your particular situation or the objection is to their use for direct marketing purposes. In the latter case, you have a general right to objection. We will comply with your request without you needing to indicate a special situation.
You merely need to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to enforce your right to withdraw or object.
8. Data security
We use the most common SSL (Secure Socket Layer) protocol in combination with the highest level of encryption supported by your browser. This is usually 256-bit encryption. If your browser does not support 256-bit encryption, we will use 128-bit v3 technology instead. You can tell whether any particular page on our website has been transmitted with encryption by the closed key or lock symbol in the lower status bar in your browser.
We also use suitable technical and organizational security measures to protect your data from accidental or intentional manipulation, partial or complete loss, destruction or unauthorized access by third parties. Our security precautions are improved on a continuous basis in keeping with technological developments.
9. Currency and changes to this data privacy statement
This data privacy statement is currently valid and was last updated in May 2018.
It may be necessary to change this data privacy statement due to further development of our website or due to changes in legal or official requirements. You can access and print out the current data privacy statement on the website at https://www.piller.de/footer/data-protection/ at any time.