The history of the company began in 1909. In Hamburg, company founder and namesake Anton Piller designed and produced blowers, generators and electric motors. After ten years, the engineer left the Hanseatic city and moved the company's headquarters to Osterode am Harz. The site of today's Piller Blowers & Compressors GmbH in Moringen was opened 30 years later as a branch office, and was
commenced its own path as an independent company in 1996. With newly gained independence, and the commitment of the families Englund and Klostermann, the company was able to develop into a successful global player for high-performance blowers and compressors.